Wellness & Fitness
Wellness & Fitness
Lafayette Physical Therapy is committed to the health of the community by providing a safe and enriching environment to help you reach your wellness goals.
Our staff will provide a complimentary screening to ensure your safety and appropriate class selection to meet your specific needs.
Certified instructors are able to offer individualized fitness with one-on-one personal training and Pilates as well as lead small group classes.
The ability to provide small group classes allows for individual, specialized attention and for the format and physical intensity of the class to be tailored to individual abilities.
Please note that our Weekly Schedule is subject to change based upon instructor availability and participant interest.
AlterG® Independent Training
We are thrilled to offer independent wellness training with the AlterG®Anti-Gravity Treadmill®. The AlterG® provides a controlled, partial weight-bearing active state that promotes natural gait patterns and reduces the impact of running and walking on joints. It allows for increased endurance, fitness, and proper form while minimizing impact.
The AlterG® is great for
• Strengthening and conditioning
• Weight control and reduction
• Gait and balance training
Please note that we provide a complimentary screening and informational session prior to independent use of the AlterG® Treadmill.
We offer individual session rates as well as packaged rates. Please review our AlterG® Independent Training rates for further information.
AlterG® Independent Training is available by appointment only during normal hours of operation.
Balance & Fitness Class
A qualified instructor guides a small group of participants through a fun and educational class to improve balance and confidence in a safe environment.
There are three levels of classes based on your individual need: Beginner I, Intermediate II, Advanced III, and Expert IV classes are available. Although these classes are generally focused on Balance, general strength and fitness are also incorporated as these contribute to overall Balance.
Balance l (Beginner): Tuesdays 11:00am-12:00pm and Wednesdays 11:00am-12:00pm
Balance ll (Intermediate): Wednesdays 4:00pm-5:00pm
Balance lll (Advanced): Fridays 12:30pm-1:30pm
Balance lV (Expert): Mondays 12:15pm-1:15pm and Thursdays 12:15pm-1:15pm
Certified Personal Trainers provide one-on-one training for strength, conditioning, flexibility and core stability with personalized fitness programs that focus on what you want to improve.
Our trainers have extensive knowledge of fitness and body mechanics and have training in Pilates, TRX suspension training, and a variety of other methods.
Pilates Mat Class
Pilates is an exercise system developed by Joseph Pilates to strengthen muscles, increase flexibility and improve overall health.
Each exercise is performed with attention to:
• Proper breathing
• Movement patterns
Pilates strengthens the core, improves balance, increases coordination and decreases stress.
Our Pilates Mat Basics Class incorporates neutral spine education with modifications for low back pain and other common injuries. Please join us for a rewarding and therapeutic experience tailored to your needs.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 1:30pm-2:30pm
Parkinson’s Mobility Class with Brianna Munson, PT, DPT
This intermediate to advanced level class will incorporate Parkinson’s specific research based treatments including dance, boxing, agility, fall prevention, and components from LSVT(Lee Silverman Voice Treatment) BIG methods. Brianna will be focusing on overall balance, increasing functionality, and fall prevention to help participants meet their individual goals. Because this an intermediate to advanced level class, participants should not need assisted devices while in class. Talk to our front desk to schedule a consultation to see if our class is right for you! 925-284-6150
New To Wellness?
1. Please arrive 10 -15 minutes prior to your complimentary screening to meet with our staff and get acclimated to our Wellness environment. The same advanced arrival is suggested for class times as well!
2. Wear comfortable, breathable clothes that allow your full range of motion and appropriate footwear to become active in! Allow your attire to give you optimal performance instead of becoming a distraction in class.
3. Come to class hydrated and bring a full water bottle. Rest and water breaks will be provided as necessary.
4. Bring necessary equipment such as a yoga mat and towel. While some may be available on site, it is suggested to bring your own to ensure that you are properly prepared!
5. If it has been a while or you have never taken a wellness class before that’s okay! Every class is geared toward a beginner to an advanced students. Your instructor will help guide you through each step at the appropriate level you need!
Please contact our Front Desk at (925) 284-6150 for more information and scheduling.